Camerado! I give you my hand!

Camerado! I give you my hand!

Allons! The road is before us!




Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Well, the world IS supposed to end...



Yeah, read the fine print.

I had no intention of getting political on this blog. I posted this because it made me laugh.

But here's the thing.

I understand what her supporters see in Sarah Palin. I really do. She's pretty, smiles a lot, and she is "folksy," which is apparently very "in" right now.

But if you take away comparisons to others who COULD be running the country, and who are currently actually running the country, what does she have that makes her qualified to be POTUS?

I mean, when you bring her up in conversation, her supporters get all apoplectic and yell "Well, she'll be a HECK of a lot better than who's in there NOW! He's robbing us blind! Blah, blah blah."

But take away Obama and the way things are now. Look at Sarah Palin as a potential candidate based on her own knowledge, her own merits, her own abilities.

Does she really have what it takes? I do not for one minute think so.

For her rabid supporters, she's merely an anti-Obama; an anti-Democrat; an antidote, if you will, of What Is Wrong With The USA Now.

For that reason, I can see why folks like her. People are desperate. The current administration gets blamed. Things are not going too well in Washington, and everyone points fingers.

But that hardly means Sarah Palin is qualified to run the highest office in the land.

Obama is more than qualified to lead. You may hate his guts, but that's a personal reaction. Whether he is doing a bang-up job right now is another question, but he's more qualified to be POTUS than Palin.

I find myself asking, "Is Palin really the best the Republicans have?" A lot can change in 2 years, for sure, but honestly, folks--I know you like the folksy, down-home, feel-good, family-values-facade stuff, but it ain't enough to make her a good Prez.

"Lacking in gravitas" is an understatement. "Works well with others" doesn't come to mind immediately. "Thinks fast on her feet in a crisis" may be accurate, but I don't get that impression. "Able to kill and field-dress a moose" is pretty admirable, but I don't know how that will help in Washington.

Then again, the world is supposed to end in 2012. You betcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Trolls will be eaten by billygoats on sight.